REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS FOR PROFESSIONAL ENGINEERING SERVICES
The City of Lexington, in accordance with State Law 8.285 to 8.291, is requesting qualifications for Professional Engineering Services. The purpose of this Request for Qualifications (RFQ) is for the City of Lexington to receive responses from qualified Professional Engineering Firms for the design, construction administration, and resident construction observation services for the construction of a recreational trail. Federal funds are being used in this project and all relevant federal, state and local requirements apply.
Firms or individuals wishing to provide engineering services to the City of Lexington pursuant to this request shall apply for consideration as follows. The response must be organized according to the following format. Information should be concise and specific to address each request. All responses shall:
• Contain a letter of interest;
• Provide the name of essential staff proposed to provide services to the City and the name of the lead engineer who will have the main contact with the City. This individual is expected to remain the responsible engineer throughout the engagement. The lead engineer must be licensed to practice in the State of Missouri, and must have at least five (5) years' experience practicing as an engineer;
• Provide a brief description of the history and capabilities of the firm and the résumés of the key
persons who may be assigned, from time to time;
• Provide information about the Respondent's experience in providing engineering services to Missouri local governments;
• Provide references for related work performed for clients;
• Provide a description of the firm's proximity to and familiarity with the City's area;
• The firm's ability to research, apply for and obtain project funding (in the form of grants, loans,
and/or legislative appropriations);
• The firm's ability to assist the City of Lexington with preparing and submitting project
documentation (including reports and permits) required by local, state and federal regulatory agencies;
The firm will be selected based upon the above qualifications. Once the most qualified firm is selected, a cost for the scope of services for the engineering services may be negotiated separately.
The above information should be submitted no later than July 7, 2020 at 4:00 p.m. to the City Administrator, City of Lexington, 919 Franklin Avenue, Lexington, MO 64067. The documentation may be hand delivered between the hours of 8:30 am and 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday. Should you have questions you may contact the City, at (660) 259-4633, during the days and hours shown above.
The City of Lexington reserves the right to refuse any and all statements of qualifications and select, based on the City's discretion as to which firm has the best qualifications based upon the factors enumerated above. This is an equal opportunity bidding even and MBE/WBE firms are encouraged to respond.